cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VD05 Blocks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a strange issue that my newly created sales order is not defaulted with the blocks i made throug VD05 for a particular customer.

below are the steps i made.

1.assigned both Delivery & Billing block ( this block is available against my document type in the configuration screen) & Saved.

2. Create a new sales order & when i key in the customer i dont have the block defaulted or populated even after i save it.

is there any other thing that am missing out here, this looks strange to me, can some one put on your thoughts here.

Regards

ilango

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With marking a delivery block as relevant for order block against configuration of delivery blocks ( marking the field SPEAU as X against TVLS table) the block in the customer master VD05 passes onto the sales order, this block when removed at the sales order level will be created for delivery & does not do a validation check against VD05 block.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario whereby I have assigned an order block as well as a billing block against an account using VD05, but it still allows me to create sales orders and billing documents.

What is the reason for this?

Regards

Gandi

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The block which was set in VD05 won't be copied into the order (transactional data), it will remain only in the master data. When you try to create the delivery, system will throw error message VL112 which referrs to the setting in your customer master.

So, it works in a different way you thought / expected.

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 21, 2011 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks a lot for the information.

i would like to have the functionality that i will have always have a block for this customers & hence what ever order created for the customers needs to be validated individually by the team.

so based on teh sales document i need to have the validation & if the validation is OK i will release the block from the sales order.

with this block on VD05 i will block all the sales orders & if i remove it i will have all the sales order open for delivery. which is not required.

what are the other ways i can achieve at this?

Note: i cannot have the order type defaulted with the block as it may affect all the sales orders for all customers.

regards

ilango

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) If you read F1 help for the "Delivery block" field, you will see that basically you have these options:

- define it for the sales document type (you don't want this)

- manually

- as a result of credit check

b) You can also block the customer (it's not a solution for you).)

If none of these is acceptable, you have to go to development...(e.g. you can create a check table (maybe you have it already), and for new sales documents (and/or for new items) related to the customers in the checktable the development will set the block you want).

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 21, 2011 12:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have assigned delivery and billing block.

So the system allows you to create a sales order but it will block the delivery and billing.

If you want to block at sales order level then in VD05 you have to select ORDER Block

regards

Prashanth