cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing date and free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

My understanding is Free goods is determined basically based on quantity as in quantity ordered.

The system re-reads free goods condition record in the sales order when quantities of the main item changes or when Pricing Date changes.

Based on the above, I need to clarify :

1. If free goods is based on quantity, how does a change in the pricing date affect the determination? I assume the by pricing date change, it is referring to the pricing date setting in a free goods condition record.

So, I am not sure why pricing date change requires a re-determination of the condition record for free goods.

Or is it because free goods is determined based on $ amount of goods ordered?

Moreover, its said that when Pricing is Re-Run, free goods determination is un-affected.

Cheers.

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John Tivoli

Pricng date can be today....... ie SO pricing date .

Now, from next week ,assume the price increases.

Then, for the above SO, say delivery & invoice is to be done after 1 month.

In this case.....even though the date falls under new pricng date, the SO pricng date or old pricing is applicable.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst- SAP SD/MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Professionals,

To finalise, what determines the pricing date?

Is it the Pricing procedure?

Or is pricing date the date of order creation?

Or is the pricing date , in free goods context, the validity period?

I think the validity period in free goods condition master is just a range to check with the pricing date right?

SAP mentioned in free goods course material that when Pricing is re-run the free goods determination is unaffected.

Maybe I am missing something.

regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main thing is the SO, (in most of the cases)

Also, it depends on the copy control settings configured, according to the business.

Depending on the business, it also depends on "Service Rendered Date". This can differ.

So, depending on the case, it can vary.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have similar kind of issue, that When i create a SO having with required values, it comes up with a Free Good Determination with the defined condition Type, and after this when i goto VA02 and change the Date, its shows the Free Good but the Condition Type get Disappear from the Free Good details.

i am not sure why the Condition type is disaapearing, as the new date range also fall in right range, and still it shows the Free Good also.

Please provie your valuable feedback

Regards,

Nitin Tak

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear John,

I agree with Balaji, It has to be in Sync with pricing

As per my understanding,

when you change pricing date it is possible that the value of the sales order will be changed, So the system reconsiders all the elements which could impact the value of the order.

for ex. Free goods triggers condition type R100 (100% Discount) system has to check whether this condition is any more valid or not and this check can only be performed by re determination of free goods condition records.

Hope now its clear.

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

free goods works with free goods condition record & pricing works with pricing condition record.

both are different determination but has to be in SYNC when both flows into condition record with respective to the condition record validity periods.

here we will not re determine only pricing in free goods & if so happens for picking latest condition records to proceess the sales order.

hope this clears this issue.

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Johntivoli

Request you to make your doubt/problem, clear & specific, so that you get the answer.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth G,

Allow me to rephrase my question.

1. When pricing date changes, the Free Goods is re-determined as in the system re-reads free goods condition record.

I am not sure what is meant by pricing date change.

Which field is it referring to as the pricing date in the free goods context? Where is this info found or how is pricing date determined or represented in the system?

regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Free goods can be of two types. Inclusive and Exclusive.

Inclusive discount are always value discount. What I mean is, if you buy 10 qty of an item, say 2 qty is free, then, it means, 20% off on the original price. i.e. only 8 are billed and 2 are discounted from pricing.

In exclusive free goods, you are shipping 10 qty of an item + 2 qty of the same item in addition to 10. So, 10 are billed.

When the pricing date in the sales order is changed, how will the system know whether the item being priced on a particular day should allow the free goods or not. So, free goods determination becomes necessary. Hence, it goes thro' free goods determination when you change the pricing date on the sales order.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Johntivoli

Request you to make your doubt/problem, clear & specific, so that you get the answer.

Rgds

Sumanth.G