cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPDynpage Vs Web Dynpro Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1)I want to know the differences between JSPDynpage and Web Dynpro Java.

2)Why JSPDynpage has become obsolete and Web Dynpro has taken over.

3) Is there anything that we can do in JSPDynpage and cant do in Web Dynpro ?

Comments are really appreciated.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi.

1) One major difference is that you do not have to manully code the .jsp layout when you use Web Dynpro. The ui elements are dragged/dropped into the layout. Web Dynpro is a standard UI used to build business applications, which means that you can't change the look and feel with embedded html or javascript.

2) Because SAP is pushing Web Dynpro and will be using it for all future developments.

3) Yes, you can pretty much do anything you want in JSPDynpage because you have total control over all of the code. In Web DYnpro, a lot of the code is generated and hidden from you, you can add custom code in certain places, but you can't add code to enhance the UI look and feel, again this is standard.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rich for your response.

So, Is it possible that after some time we will not have JSPDynpage as SAP is not pushing and will Web Dynpro completey replace JSPDynpage ?

Do you think that a beginners entering the SAP Portal World need to learn JSPDynpage or just start learning Web Dynpro.

Will Visual Composer replace Web Dynpro ?

Thanks for your valuble comments,

Kumar

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi again. That's hard to say, because it really depends. We know that SAP will be pushing Web Dynpro, all new development will be done with Web Dynpro, most business packages that were developed in JSPDynPage have been rewritten using Web Dynpro. So, in SAP's eye, web dynpro may have "replaced" JSPDynPage. JSPDynPage is still widely used because companies may not want to spend the time to re-write in WebDYnpro. At my company, I've written 6-8 JSPDYnPage applications for our Portal, I have since re-written only 2 in WebDynpro, but the others can rewritten easily, but I haven't had the time. My goal is to get rid of JSPDynPage completely from our portal applications and go with Web Dynpro.

I think it would be very good for a beginner to learn JSPDynPage first. This will give him a chance to know a little about what is going on underneath. Since you have to code every part of the application, you learn things that you wouldn't using a tool like WebDynpro. After getting the hang of JSPDynPAge, then learn WebDynpro, you will quickly appreciated the value of Web Dynpro after doing JSPDynPAge.

Visual Composer is designed for the "Business Analyst" type developer, this is why there is no code writing with VC. It does allow for rapid development of "Simple" applications, but if there are some complex things in your application, VC will not cut it, Web Dynpro would be the next choice. So no, VC will not replace WD.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

If anyone want to share their comments, you all are welcome. It would benefit everyone who are looking for the sublte differences.

Kumar.

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

We have, Web Dynpro for Java and Web Dynpro for ABAP.

Which is going to resist in future,

I think SAP is going to promote Web Dynpro for ABAP than java for its ABAP developers.

Regards,

Sai K.K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am doing my masters in entrprise systems i would like to know

visual composer vs webdynpro

and what are contrubutions to entriprise portal