cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session Overdue in EWA Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Iam Configuring Early Watch Alert. First i am configuring for DEV system.

Initially i ran the report RTCCTOOL and applied all recommended in that report.

Now when i check the EWA is T-code DSWP, it says,"The data for this session is overdue. Data has not yet been transferred from the associated managed system".

Kindly help me proceed further...

Thank You,

Regards,

Hasan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"The data for this session is overdue. Data has not yet been transferred from the associated managed system".

Please check whether back RFC was working fine ,including authorization check, as Mani said check your task processor is active SDCCN ->goto->settings->task processor, check in sdccn->goto->settings-> task specific to verify the back RFC settings.

and check you maintain master system proper in the sdccn of managed system.

if all works, try to refresh your current overdue session by SDCCN> task>create-->refresh session

check this setup guide also [https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/sapidb/011000358700001873212008E|https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/sapidb/011000358700001873212008E]

Jansi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am working as per the suggestions given by you ppl...Will let the group know as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Regards,

Hasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have done the settings as said above.

I proceeded with the guide https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001873212008E.

Now a session is created and its running. But when i collect the data now,a additional session is not getting created.(I have created a refresh session in the satellite system).

Please suggest..

Thank You,

Regards,

Hasan

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hasan,

You need to schedule the maintenance package task 1 per day as a periodic task (so it reccurrs each day).

Why? Because the Maintenance package will run the Refresh Session task automatically, unless its not scheduled or is failing, or was not configured correctly.

The maintenance package runs each day, it runs a refresh session, if there are any sessions ready in Solman indicated by a single bottle/flask then it will get pulled, and an EWA task will be scheduled to populate the session via the *_BACK RFC.

Then the icon will turn to two flasks/bottles in DSWP to indicate the session can be processed by SM:EXEC SERVICES, which will create the EWA report from the service session. If the data does not come when scheduled the one flask/bottle turns to a Red Flag.

So it sounds like you may not be scheduling the Maintenance Package daily, else ther is no reason to schedule a seperate refresh session task, except to test that functionality. There is never a need to have a refresh session task scheduled, and it is not in the document you are using to configure, but scheduling the Maintance Package is there.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I checked with the Maintenance Package settings,it is scheduled to run daily.

The SDCCN of the Solution Manager has one maintenance package in To do tab.

And the SDCCN of the PRD system has a maintenance package and a refresh session which runs daily.

Moreover i wanted to create that additional session to ensure that EWA is generating or not..Else i need to wait for a week.

Any more suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank You,

Regards,

Hasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The Early Watch Reports got generated for both DEV and PRD systems.

After running the session, 'Early watch alert for solution Manager' in PRD system manually,I Created a service in Solution Manager at DWSP....then a EWA session was processing...Then after a while, all the reports which were marked as Red,became as bottle neck icon..Then i proceeded to generate the report..

Thanks a lot for your suggestions......

Regards,

Hasan

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

When you schedule an EWA report in Solution Manager and it becomes red flagged "Session Date overdue",

this means that Solution Manager is trying to process the EWA, however the Satellite system has not sent the session data for some reasons.

So Red Flag EWA means the issue is with the Satellite system.

The problem will be either 1) One of the required SDCCN tasks has encountered errors and did not complete.

Typically these can be the Maintenance Package task (runs once per day) failed to update the service definitions, or failed to run the refresh session task (which are functions of the Maint. Package task). If these fail the SDCCN EWA task will not run.

However if it does run, this task is what is populating the service session, so any errors or warnings in this task can also prevent the service session from being populated.

And if all these tasks appear to work, then there will be a problem withte SM_<SID>CLNT<nnn>_BACK RFC.

Potentially the Task Processor could be halted on the satellite. But these will be the issue 95% of the time.

So these are the things that must carefully be checked. And yes, the problem is on the Satellite, not the Solution Manager system. This advise should lead you directly to the problem.

This is an issue we see time and time again, and it is always the same things as described above.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hasan,

Have a look at this thread. let me know if it answers your problem.

you need to make sure your SDCCN in both solman and then your dev system. firstly ensure Solman has its maintenance package scheduled to run daily from SAP and the service definitions are updated from SAP. then ensure maintenance is configured in your dev system to point to solman as the master system, update your service definitions, and schedule your maintenance package to run daily from solman. then frrom SMSY follow the thread and hopefully after a while run the maintenance package in your dev system and it should pick up an early watch task from solman. this will run and data will be sent to solman and solman will generate the EWA report i believe on a monday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to:

1. Check the RFC from Satellite to Solution Manager system, both connection and authorization

2. Ensure the master RFC in task processor is your Solution Manager

3. Delete service definitions and refresh with one

4. Refresh the session

iAnd If you change the logical system in satellite system, you should reconfigure the SMSY in Solution Manager for that instance.