cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass deletion or cancellation of background Jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can anybody tell me the program name or the Job name by which we can cancel or delete all the jobs i.e mass deletion or cancellation of background Jobs.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use Abap report RSBTCDEL to delete all the background job.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think there is no job available to delete all the background jobs. correct me if am wrong.

you can delete or cancel all the background jobs from SM37.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

There is a program name staring from BCT but I forgot the whole name....it is used to deschedule all Jobs in case of any upgradation activity...Please help if any body knows...

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a program name staring from BCT but I forgot the whole name

The name is BTCTRNS1. It sets all scheduled jobs to planned/upg. with BTCTRNS2 they will be rescheduled again.

But this won't cancel any running jobs, to do this you have to do it manually in SM37.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One clarification:

BTCTRNS1 report/program suspends all Released jobs (not Scheduled status) and make the status 'Released/Suspended' - so that they will not run during your activity.

When you will run report/program BTCTRNS2 (using se38/sa38) it will release them again.

Note: You can not freeze/suspend jobs which are event triggered. You have to set them using sm37 (released -->scheduled) - option is available in the menu.

Jobs in scheduled status never run.

Don't release/submit any job after BTCTRNS1, the new job will run (it will not be suspended). Please instruct other user also not to submit any job further.

Thanks,

Subrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any sequence in the name of the jobs, if yes , then we change the job status to scheduled and then delete all jobs by select all in sm37. Can you tell what is the purpose for deletion of jobs?

Regards

Sushant