cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start/ restart the service in visual admin of SAP WAS 6.4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed the sneak preview version of SAP NetWeaver WAS 6.4 for default Database MaxDB. While developing a simple application to manage simple database table citymaster with 2 columns in jsp I am getting error as

Exception e com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Path to object does not exist at : java.comp.

Looking at visual admin tool for WAS 6.4 all the entries are in color blue but the last entry for 'DATASOURCE' is in RED color where 'java.comp/env/JDBC/DATASOURCE' is the jndi reference created for default DataSource.

Can any one help me that why the last entry is in RED and it that say that some error has occured or that entry is not started then how to start that?

Please help....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

I have checked the Visual Administrator's JNDI Registry service entry in the ejbContexts node but there is no entry for the project which I have created.

It get deployed while I right click on the project's ear file and click on "Deploy on J2EE Engine". But same as before while checking in Browserthe site gives the same error...

503 Service Unavailable

Application cannot be started!

Details: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application bcone.com/EntityCMPAppln cannot be started, because it has hard reference to resource CONFIG_DB with type javax.sql.DataSource, but it is not active on the server.

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.processUsageOfComponent(ReferenceResolver.java:508)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ReferenceResolver.beforeStartingApplication(ReferenceResolver.java:337)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.begin(StartTransaction.java:149)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.beginLocal(StartTransaction.java:285)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesLocal(ApplicationTransaction.java:355)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runInTheSameThread(ParallelAdapter.java:120)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesLocalAndWait(ParallelAdapter.java:224)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationLocalAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4170)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationsInitially(DeployServiceImpl.java:2390)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.clusterElementReady(DeployServiceImpl.java:2267)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.ClusterServicesAdapter.containerStarted(ClusterServicesAdapter.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ContainerEventListenerWrapper.processEvent(ContainerEventListenerWrapper.java:101)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.AdminContainerEventListenerWrapper.processEvent(AdminContainerEventListenerWrapper.java:19)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ContainerEventListenerWrapper.run(ContainerEventListenerWrapper.java:80)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl4.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:70)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl4.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:111)

Please help me, how to recover this error.

Rgds,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

please check your ejb-jar.xml. Did you create a resource-ref? If you did, check sap-j2ee-engine.xml. Did you map the reference to JDBC/DATASOURCE which is the alias you created? Considering you error message it might be mapped to CONFIG_DB...

Rgds

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I have made the resource refernce to the data source in the file called "data-source-aliases.xml"

The file looks as below..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE data-source-aliases SYSTEM "data-source-aliases.dtd">

<data-source-aliases>

<aliases>

<data-source-name>${com.sap.datasource.default}</data-source-name>

<alias>JDBC/DATASOURCE</alias>

</aliases>

</data-source-aliases>

But I am getting the error as said before.

How to start/activate the services and where??

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

did you define the reference in the ejb-jar.xml as JDBC/DATASOURCE, and map it to JDBC/DATASOURCE in the ejb-j2ee-engine.xml? The error message indicates, that the reference might not be stored in ejb-jar.xml.

If you use the JNDI Registry service in the Visual admin you can take a look at the node ejbContexts to find out whether the path exists or not...

Rgds

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Did you make resource reference in your J2EE application to the datasource you want to use?

Regards,

Marc