cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC-> XI -> IDOC connection issue

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to do a simple IDOC to XI to IDOC scenario. I am trying to pass the IDOC to XI through an RFC destination of type 'H' (HTTP connection to R/3 System). The sending system is an 6.20 system. I think my problem is in setting up this RFC, I believe I have WE20 and WE21 (using XML HTTP port) setup correct. When I try the IDOC, it errors out before getting into XI. I have SICF active (/sap/bc/ and /xi/ ).

Can anyone tell me what step(s) I may be missing? What pathprefix in SM59 should the RFC be pointing to on XI for XI to receive the IDOC? Is there something that needs to be setup on XI to receive this IDOC?

Thanks for any guidance,

Jake

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Check out this blog..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/21/xi-idoc-to-idoc-tunneling--how-fast-and-easy-can-you-get

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have looked at the links attached, and they helped alittle, but I think my problem is somewhere in the RFC from R/3 to XI. I have Michal's flag set for the XML_CONVERSION in SXMB_ADM on XI. The IDOC still errors out on the send and never gets to XI.

I saw the suggestion also to just use standard RFC destinations. That is my fall back, but I wnated to try to get it set up this way to help minimize the time in XI.

Thanks for the help so far,

Jake

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Use u r own RFC destination (SM59)created in Sender system... of type R/3 pointing towards XISERVER...

and also do settings like Creating Port we21, creating partner profiles we20 and also handle BD64 and generate partner profiles(Out bound parameters) ( Repeat this in Receving system -- for inbound parameters in partner profiles)

and in XISERVER create 2 Business systems one for sender and other for receiver and mention the logical systems defined for both sender and receiver...

and also create and RFC destination which points towards Recevind system..

and also maintain IDX1 and also IDX2 in XISERVER...

This should solve u r problem ...

Thanks and Regards,

Sridhar

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry this is something I said I already knew how to do, using the standard R/3 RFC connections. My question is how to do it using the HTTP to R/3 RFC connection and the XML HTTP port in WE21.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jacob,

Instead of creating an RFC destination of H Type in SM59, create a simple R3 connection in SM59 to post the IDOC. Try a remote log on and a test connection with the same.

Regards,,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Check this out too..

IDOC not reaching XI :

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/10/27/idoc146s-not-reaching-xi133-not-posted-in-the-receiver-sap-systems133

cheers,

Prashanth