Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM from vendor catalog changed!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

SRM 5.0 ECS.

We have the UOM for one of our catalog vendors changed from TU to TB(tube).We need to map the changes in SRM system as vendor has no control oevr UOM.Now for the new PO's do I need to chanhge the UOM in CUNI in both ECC as well as SRM or just chnage at runtime through the BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER??

Also there are some PO's whihc are alreayd created with the old UOM i.e. TU...How do I change the UOM in these PO's???Do I need to even change the UOM in these PO's ??Will I be able to change the UOM in these old PO's consideringthat for some of them the follwon docs have alreday been created(Fully paid PO's!)

If I am able/unable to change the UOM in these old PO's will it cause any issues when closing some of these PO's?

Please advise.Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answering your second question.

You can not change the UOM after POs are created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu!

So for the new PO's,what options do I have???Map the value for the UOM for that particular vendor in BADI to match the UOM values maintained in CUNI OR maintain a custom table for just a single UOM OR

If I maintain the new UOM (if it is not used by any other vendors) in CUNI,will that cause an issue for already created PO's with the old UOM???

Please advise.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

most of them to map your custom catalog UOM with standard UOM in the custom table like your custom product category to SRM product category.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu.

But if the new custom UOM is being used only by one specific vendor in their catalog,then do I need to maintain a custom table for the mapping??Also the UOM maintained in SRM system is being used by other vendors too so in mthe bADI,i need to read the vendor ID and then change the UOM in the catalog data which is being sent from catalog to shopping cart rt???

Please correct me if I understood anything wrong.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us wait for others reply..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Please help mewith your expert advice on the issue I am facing....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody come across this issue??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The custom mapping table is a better option. You can make the table vendor specific, by adding a 'Vendor' field in the table. If 'Vendor' = 'X' and UOM = 'a' then UOM is changed from 'a' to 'b'. For all other Vendors (except X), UOM is changed from 'a' to 'e'. Refer sample table entries below:

'Vendor' 'Input UOM' 'Output UOM'

X a b

null a e

This custom table can be designed to work as a condition table with access sequence.

regards,

Answers (0)