cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR API, how to access DTR server from own program?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

we have a requirement to download some source code from the DTR server using our own program (not the SAP standard DTR Client integrated in NWDS). My question is: does SAP provide some kind of API for accessing DTR server?

I know there is a command line DTR client, but what we need is to send the command to DTR server from our own program to download some source code, after download our program will then process the source code.

Anyone has idea how that would work? The best is that SAP provides API to access DTR server. Not sure if we can call the command line DTR client from our program (technical should be fine, but this is not the best way).

Appreciate any input.

Thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

I do not know if there is a DTR api you can use, but you can access all your DTR-objects using the url http://<dtr-server>:<port>/dtr/ws. A WebDAV protocol is used for accessing the objects.

You can try this link in your browser.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alain,

very information. Thanks.

However not sure if this satisfies our requirement (I don't have the DTR access yet, will try once I get it). Do you think if it's possible to use this web tool to download all files from a DTR directory and all it's sub-directories (recursively) to a local file folder? I would think it's not likely with web tool.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

If your program language of your own program supports opening files with an URL name and saving those files locally, you can use the WebDAV protocol to access the DTR.

But beware of developing your own DTR client implementation: all the handling of activities - propagation lists - inactive/active workspaces - (blob) metadata - versions - integrations of activities, etc. sounds to me very tricky.

If your programming language of your own program supports executing OS-commands, try executing the DTR tool located in the tools directory of NWDS. It supports executing a list of DTR commands listed in a script file. Perhaps this satifies your needs.

Hope this helps your decision making.

Regards,

Alain.

Answers (0)