cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document currency and exchange rate processing question during order entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have an issue where all our price records are stored in currency USD. When we take an order for a country that requires pricing to be in an alternate currency, the document currency is changed during order entry. This results in any price condition records retrieved through the condition techique to get converted correctly per the exchange rate. However we have conditions that are calculations off of the conditions retrieved using condition formulas. For example we have a condition which represents 90% of our list price. List price is retrieved in USD as 10.00 USD and converted to alternate currency 63.40 TTD with an exchange rate of 6.34, but our calculation dollar value remains in USD but displays the alternate currency as 9 TTD, should be 57.06 TTD . We are using standard pricing formulas. I know I can call a conversion function within my formula to get it right, however, is this correct system behavior? I expected standard SAP to convert all price results leveraging exchange rate into document currency. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mathew

Pls check the controls "Exchange rate deviation" & "No forex rate difference" in your company code global settings.

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I went through the problem and still feel that there is somethign wrong in the routine which is used. You can confirm this by removing the routine from the condition type in the PP, and manually entering the value for the c.type in SO in USD and then check if the value is coming correctly in document currency. If the translation is happening for one condition type correctly and not correctly for another condition type, it should be the issue only with the routine.

Pls check the scenario without the routine and check once and accordingly update the situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without the formula the % condition that is retrieved executes the exchange rate correctly. It looks like I will need to introduce the exchange rate xkomv-kkurs within my formula.