cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Introscope Enterprise Manager hostname on SMD managed agent?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SMD agent on a managed system is showing the error below in jvm_smdagent.out in the work directory. Makes sense, because my Enterprise Manager runs on solution Manager not this managed agent. But how to change it??? How to change "localhost" to be instead my Solution Manager server?

1/20/11 03:46:13 PM CST [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.Isengard] Initiating connection attempts to the Introscope Enterprise Manager.

1/20/11 03:46:13 PM CST [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.Isengard] The Agent reconnection delay is set to 15 second(s).

1/20/11 03:46:13 PM CST [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent] Started Error Reporting service

1/20/11 03:46:15 PM CST [WARN] [IntroscopeAgent.ConnectionThread] Failed to connect to the Introscope Enterprise Manager at localhost:6001,com.wily.isengard.postofficehub.link.net.DefaultSocketFactory (1).

Initialization done.

1/20/11 03:46:26 PM CST [WARN] [IntroscopeAgent.ConnectionThread] Failed to connect to the Introscope Enterprise Manager at localhost:6001,com.wily.isengard.postofficehub.link.net.DefaultSocketFactory (2).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

To change the SMD Agent. Please change theWily Address in:

Root Cause Analysis -> Diagnostics Setup -> Diagnostics System

-> Advanced Setup -> Change Wily address

To Change the Server Wily Agent points to:

Check the "jvm_smdagent.out"

You can change it in the property:

introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.host.DEFAULT

In the Agent profile is located in:

/usr/sap/ccms/wily/IntroscopeAgent.profile

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

Where do I find that menu path?

Root Cause Analysis -> Diagnostics Setup -> Diagnostics System

-> Advanced Setup -> Change Wily address

Thanks for the tip about the agent config file. In this file, the parameter is already uncommented and set properly:

introscope.agent.enterprisemanager.transport.tcp.host.DEFAULT

the reason I noticed the error message, is because when I navigate to the ADMIN_AGENT URL, "Managing System" is blank. Which led me to the log file and error message. So perhaps SMD uses a different introscope enterprisemanager setting than the introscope agent itself?

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Call transaction solman_workcenter

-> Root Cause Analysis -> Diagnostics Setup -> Diagnostics System -> Advanced Setup -> Change Wily address

Rerun the Managed Setup wizard for the host that contains the SMD Agent in:

-> Root Cause Analysis -> Diagnostics Setup -> Managed System -> Setup Wizard

This step will ensure the new hostname is used by the agent.

Best regards

Guilherme

Edited by: Guilherme Balbinot on Jan 24, 2011 11:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks but we must be on different versions. in my RCA workcenter there are only options End-to-End Analysis, System Analysis, Host Analysis, Database Analysis. in none of those do i find a link to change the Wily address. Running SolMan EhP 1 SP 21

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Make sure you are using SOLMAN_ADMIN or a user with SAP_SMWORK_* roles assigned, as they control the links available in the workcenter.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks everyone who answered.

1. when I logged on as SOLMAN_ADMIN, I could see the Setup link in the left area of the RCA workcenter. FYI: I was using a SAP_ALL user previously, so these workcenters are apparently not included in sap_all similar to the way s_rfc isn't

2. the Enterprise Manager system and port also needed to be set in file IntroscopeAgent_ipc.profile , which previously was "localhost". after making this change and restarting the agent, I see in the out file that it successfully registered.

Unfortuamtely the system still does not show a Managed System in http://host:port/smd/go/ADMIN_AGENT / Agent Candidates / SLD View. But I suppose that is a separate issue for me to research.

uggh this SMD config is a total PAIN in the rear.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me.

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You need to push the SLD settings in SMD view... then only agents will be seen in SLD view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

already did that and no effect. sap oss is helping at this point

Former Member
0 Kudos

You've found the right page (SOLMAN_WORKCENTRE > Tab Root Cause Analysis), you're just not noticing there is a list of links down the left hand side of the screen. "Diagnostics setup" in one of them (not one of the diagnostics icons in the main right area of the screen.

Ken

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the landscape data in the SOLMAN_SETUP. Add Introscope details here.

Later do the diagnostics configuration for solman which can be done under SOLMAN_SETUP->Basic config->Auto Configuration

After this configure managed system in SOLMAN_SETUP. to configure this SMSY settings for satellite system should be in place and SMD agent for that satellite system should be running fine.

Regards,

Rohan