cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Due to work, I'm in need to provide what can we actually do within Java that can be used in SAP, and how it can be done.

Searching on the net, I've seen that Java can be conected to SAP throught Netweaver with Bapi's. I have also seen that using Web Dynopro, we can conect Java to SAP, as Web Dynopro will convert in some how Java to ABAP.

I was thinking that within it can be developed an application where we could create sales orders, check contracts, quotations, check stock, reports, and so on...

Does it make any sense for you? As a first stage, I just need to know what we could develop, so if you have any ideas, they'll be more than welcome. In addition, if you could refer me to any documentation (basic one will be fine!), where I could investigate a bit further about how to connect Java to SAP, will be simply great!

Another request will be if you could also let me know what is exactly and what can be done in Netweaver and Web Dynopro... I must to say, that I have been reading, but is still a bit unclear to me (don't think that I'm a lazay ass, that is asking you to investigate for me...).

Anyway, any information you can provide, will be extremelly appreciated!

Best regards,

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Too many queries in a single shot let me try to answer it.

1. Java and SAP can talk. You can invoke ABAP BAPI's from JAVA using SAP JCO and vice versa too.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/1bd5c6a85b11d6b28500508b5d5211/content.htm

The above link is good to start with.

2. Since you posted under Mobile forums I assume you want to do this stuff for a mobile device. If you try to use JCO and connect to SAP for building mobile scenario then you need to understand the implications like N/W availability, N/W speed, Usage costs, Data Availability offline etc. Such applications may work but are not scalable.

Just do some reading on SAP NW Mobile on SDN and also there are good papers available on Sybase website to understand the intiricacies.

Cheers,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, will check mentioned link and will come back to you if necessary...