cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing difficulty while coping InterractiveForm element in WDJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to create a WDJ screen. There will be one view. In this view, I have to create 25 InteractiveForm element. Each InteractiveForm element will have following information:

Name of Employee:

Design:

Date of Birth:

Address:

Company Logo:

There are 25 companies in the company group.

I want to create a template of one InteractiveForm element and paste it 25 times in the view. Using a RFC , I will find out the company code. Based on the company code, I will display the relevant screen(InteractiveForm element ) to the user.

I am facing following difficulty. I have created first InteractiveForm element . It is working fine. Now, I am copying it and pasting it in view. In the second form, I want to put the different company logo.

However system is not allowing me to do so. If I am putting any different logo, the logo of both InteractiveForm element changes. Not only this, if I am changing any text in one InteractiveForm element the other InteractiveForm element also changes.

This is very irritating. It seems that there is some link between two 2 Interactive elements.

I don't want to type the entries template 25 times. Why the system is changing the layout of all Interactive element when I am changing only one form. Why there is dependency?

Please help.

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

The best approach for this is creating custom components.

but I before Otto suggesting this I used the below approach.

1) copy the xml source code to a text file.

2) rename the form name, top heirachy name & data source name.

3) a) I always use the same data source name, as the form itself is different whats the big deal if you have the same datasource name.

3) b) copy the data source xml node from the new form replace with this in the txt file.

then finally replace the entire xml code from the text file to the new form.

bang that works.

I did the same approach for an interactive form of 40 pages and the data source is even stange, its a web request in CRM.

just have a bit patience to check the structure names.

Cheers,

Sai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gary, the problem is that you have chosen an .xdp wich doesn't exist. Perhaps you can find the .xdp directory, copy the existing .xdp and rename it, but I'm not sure that it will work.

It would be better to create 25 interactive forms manually and then copy the controls from the first form to the others. To make it faster, you can save it as a custom control, as described at Otto Gold's blog.

Regards, Aldo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

You should change de pdfSource attribute of each interactive form to 25 different context attributes. If not, you are using always the same form.

Then, you can copy and paste the form design for each interactive form or you can create a custom component and reuse it in every form. To create a custom component see this excellent blog post from Otto Gold: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17440] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Aldo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aldo,

Thanks. I changed the data source and PDF source. However it is not helping. I have realized that when we copy InteractiveForm element, the copied InteractiveForm element has same templateSource as the original templateSource. The form depends upon the templateSource.

I changed the templateSource manually. However, this is causing dump.

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: IOException occured while creating template stream from the TemplateSource : ./temp/webdynpro/public/sabic.com/sabic~express~jobtitle/webdynpro/Components/com.sabic.express_services.jobtitlecomp.comp.JobTitleComp/JobTitleView_InteractiveForm1.xdp (No such file or directory (errno:2)) 

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.AdobeFormHelper.getTemplateMap(AdobeFormHelper.java:615)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.AdobeFormHelper.getTemplate(AdobeFormHelper.java:1002)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.AdobeFormHelper.getDocumentContextForRender(AdobeFormHelper.java:653)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.adobe.impl.InteractiveForm.afterHandleActionEvent(InteractiveForm.java:338)
    at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.afterApplicationModification(ClientApplication.java:1132)
    ... 45 more

I have no other option than manually create 25 forms. Copying won't help. However, it will take about 2-3 hours time.

PLease let me know how to resolve the issue.

REgards,

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

I think you can handle this situation in multiple ways. If there are not much change in the 25 forms you can handle it with script property 'presence' (visible/hidden). If the forms are entirely different, make different views in WebDynpro and make custom components in Adobe lifecycle designer for reusing.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh