cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using PI to retrieve CSV file via HTTPS using HTTP adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we need to retrieve batches of leads, campaigns from an external web service. The web service returns a URL where executing the URL will retrieve a csv file.

The question is:

Is it possible to build an interface to execute the URL and get the csv file as a response message using the HTTP adapter? I do not think it is but maybe someone out there has come across a same scenario before.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've done something similar. Do you still want details or have you figured out a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aaron, could you please provide some details about your solution?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RF, please open a new thread with details on your scenario. I'll try to help, along with everyone else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aaron,

I've started a discussion with task details.

Please have a look:

http://scn.sap.com/message/13799621#13799621

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> We have a scenario where we need to retrieve batches of leads, campaigns from an external web service. The web service returns a URL where executing the URL will retrieve a csv file.

>

> The question is:

>

> Is it possible to build an interface to execute the URL and get the csv file as a response message using the HTTP adapter? I do not think it is but maybe someone out there has come across a same scenario before.

>

> Thanks in advance!

Yes, is possible.

The response message can contain a field in blob-image type (binary64) with the file coding.