cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum 8 GB ?? Server not starting ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the server is not starting (or only partially). Somebody mentioned in this forum that a minimun of 8GB is necessary for running SAP in VMware. Our computer has only 4 GB, so could it be that the reason ??

I see in the syslog node the following error message:

operating system call gethostbyname failed (error 11004)

perform rollback

transaction cancelled

I found guys mentioning in some other forums some OSS notes, but I cannot apply this because I cannot access SAP for checking the reports and transactions that they mention.

what should I do ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

4 GB is too low for almost all SAP apps. I've seen ABAP and Java apps run at 6GB on VMWare but not lower than that. Any specific reason you are starting so low?

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean java server node? what type of installation you have, abap/java? how many java server node you have? Is this fresh installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see a J2EE node and nothing else that tells me it has to do with java.

it is 4 GB because it was an experiment in preparation for something bigger. This cannot be the reason that the server does not start, or is it ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this same thread you opened for disp+work down? if yes then do not open multiple thread for same query.

Open SAP MMC and expand the SAP installation you will get the more details whether it is java or abap installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has nothing to do with memory.

I've handled many laptops running SAP on vmware on 2GB memory and it's fine, although the performance is not so superior.

Is there blocked port on the OS?

Regards,