cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host webservice on PI using SSL over internet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to get some peoples views on this, we have a requirement for an interface that receives data from an external company. Is it possible to set up a web service on PI that receives the data from the external company and can handle SSL?

If so has anyone used it?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> Is it possible to set up a web service on PI that receives the data from the external company and can handle SSL?

Yes , You create soap (sender) adapter and follow the sdn help instruction to host the web service. Basically you have to create wsdl and pass it to the external system.

HTTPS; Yes it is possible. Create root node certificate and pass it to the external system to use it. The certificate is maintained in the keystore.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, its possible. Just a correction, if it is soap adapter, the certificate should be present on java stack (NWA) in trusted keystore.

>>If so has anyone used it?

Yes, I have used it

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> I would like to get some peoples views on this, we have a requirement for an interface that receives data from an external company. Is it possible to set up a web service on PI that receives the data from the external company and can handle SSL?

>

> If so has anyone used it?

>

> Thanks,

Sure, is possible.

Check out Strust transaction and ssl certificate upload.