cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control WEBDYNPRO service for Work Centers/SErvice Desk to Specific server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, we have Solution Manager 7.0 (EHP 1.0, ST @ Stack 24) installed and also have configured Service Desk Management. This is installed on our Central System Landscape which currently has 2 servers, the central instance (CI) and also a dialog instance (DI). The DI we is configured specifically for Adobe Document services.

In Service Desk when using some functionality of the work centers, we noticed that the Webdynpro send request to a ABAP work process. Sometimes this request routes to the CI and sometimes it routes to the DI. In the DI, we have it's resources (memory, CPU, wp sizing) sized small to only run Adobe Document services.

Could someone please direct me as to what is the best way to configure/direct the Webdynpro request for workcenters (and basically all of Serivce desk WEBDYNPRO) to a specific server (in this case the CI) .

Thanks,

Marla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marla,

You do realize that Dynpro is the extention to ABAP that allows Object Oriented Programming and the WebDynPro is the Web extention so that object orient web applications can be programmed in ABAP.

My point being that Adobe Document Services has webdynpro applications comprizing the application.

The Support Desk application with use Adobe Interactive forms in Web Dyn Pro ABAP.

You can't direct the webdynpro requests away from Adobe Document Services as it is providing the interactive forms to the application.

Of course the answer is obvious, place Adobe Document Services on the CI. But the WebDynPro applications on the CI require the interactive forms on the DI.

Considering your ADS is on the DI instance, I don't think you can accomplish what you are asking because you need the Interactive forms that ADS provides.

Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul... Thanks so much for the response and you do make some great points. Yes I knew that both Adobe and Service desk need the webdynpro service (thus we didn't do a virtual host and cut off webdynpro services from the DI). Our Adobe Service has to be run on a different OS platform (thus it is a DI) than what our enterprise environment so moving to the CI is not an option.

I'm not strong on the development front, but was hoping perhaps there would be a way in Service Desk configuaration or work center configuration there would be a way to have the Jco or RFC connection point to a specific server somehow. I'm not sure it can be done either thus I am hoping for any type suggestions from the community to some possible solutions, or if someone had ever encountered this issue. The only option thus far would be to increase the resources on the DI, and that would be a high business cost just to implement the use of work centers.

Thanks,

Marla

Answers (0)