cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of forecast from DP to SNP through Split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am trying to release the forecast from DP to SNP. The forecast in DP is in months whereas we want the release to SNP in weeks.

So for example if we have Forecast for Jan, Feb, Mar in DP as 100, 100 & 100, We want to equally distribute the forecast to SNP in weeks ie 25 each week.

Incase there are 5 weeks for a particular month, it should distribute to 20 each week

The release is not happening the desired above way

We have already maintained the period split profile from months to weeks and distribution function for 15 months with values of 100 in each period.

Kindly suggest

Regards,

Bhavesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

First i would kindly request you to see in /sapapo/sdp_split whether the split is happening properly for your period split profile. There is a button "Simulate period split profile"(Ctrl+F12), select it. Input your parameters, the results will be displayed. Just check if the results are as expected. If the results are not as expected then there is some problem and there new notes to correct this.

But if the results are as expected then the problem is when you are releasing. Kindly check the periodicity you have maintained in your storage bucket profile. If you are using many periodicities(like day, month, fiscale year etc) then in //mc90 transaction while releasing you need to select a planning bucket profile that suits your period split profile. Kindly check the note 1003965. Also if you are using shipping calendar in //loc3 then make sure that you have maintained the periods from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 and not 24:00:00. Check note 1153897 for this.

After checking all these if the settings are correct then release should work fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Simple solution for this would be to also select the "Week" checkbox for the Storage Bucket Profile of the DP Planning area and keep the disaggregation type as Pro-rata for the key-figure which is going to get released to SNP.

I think you are in the development phase of a project. So, project these changes and you will see the results as expected.

Regards,

Guru Charan.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhavesh

You have not mentioned how the program is splitting the monthly value now.

Actually we have the exact requirement like yours and it is working for us. To me all the settings you have mentioned look right. But there is one thing you have to check - the value of period split indicator in period split profile.

Period split can have values " " , 1 or 2 . The value you give here will determine how the monthly quantity has to be split. Do a F1 on that field and you will understand the concept clearly from the examples they have given

Thanks

Aparna