Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation Server Problem / Error

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed a SAP Installtion Server on our Windows Server 2008 R2. Everything works fine. I created a package without any problem.

But when I want to install that package on a Windows XP Client, an error occured. I did this via Remote --> Execute Process Remotely and got the following error message:

Executing
guisrv\gui720\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="MY-SAP-GUI" on myworkstation, please wait...

Failure in executing
guisrv\gui720\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="MY-SAP-GUI" on myworkstation. Check parameters, credentials and verify if the Windows workstation is running!

I have read a lot of posts here, but did not find a solution.

When I try to execute a process like "notepad.exe" remotely it works great. I can display the running processes without any problems as well or collect the log files. I think the problem is to execute the NwSapSetup.exe remotely from a file share.

Maybe it has something to do with WMI Security? When I try to execute the installation command via the windows powershell using a wmi connection, it returns returncode 2, which means "access denied".

Starting the installation string from the file share sitting in front of the client works without a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Bernd,

Please take a look at the following article from Microsoft Technet:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee692772.aspx#EDAA

Paragraph Q10 "Why does my remote operation fail when it involves a

third machine?" explains the given scenario.

BR

Sven

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Bernd,

I am facing an exact same problem. Could you let me know how you were able to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think it is because of permission of the user for accessing the remote installation folder from remote side.

is it possible to give a temporary "full access" to "everyone" (on installation PCs/ servers) ?

hope it help you.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Everyone has "full access" to the remote installation folder. So that is not the problem I think.