cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Variant configuration in sales order line item from Ztable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we have configurable material and and creating sales order. from sales order line item if we goto configuration we can maintain variant configurations. My requirement is that when i click on configuration after selecting a line item i need to check ztable where i have material no and and relable text. if an entry exists i have to populate this relable text in one of the configuration filed. Can any one help how can i read and update configuration in sales order level and where to do this coding so that when i click on configuration the value from ztable populated in a field.

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi- Create a new configuration in CU50 for the material you desired and assign this also to your old materail there by when you create a sales order system will pops you out with selection list there by you can choose whatever you wish.. Hope this won't thwart you..

Reg

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva ,

Thanks for your suggestion. my requirement is to automatically populate from ztable. how to do it in coding?

Edited by: Senthil Kumar on Jan 21, 2011 6:02 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

After creating the Class and placing the Characterstics in the class have u created a configuration profile in CU41?

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks Everyone...

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

It is simple.

When you create a characteristic which should have the value maintained in the Z table, go to the tab values. Here you have a push button called "Other Value check". Here you click this button and select the function module option. Now, in the window, you will have a place where you can mention the name of teh function module.

You create a function module with the help of your developer to find out the text maintained in the Z table using teh rules you have in your mind and update that logic in the characteristic. In the earlier screen, you just have to mention the name of the function module, thats all, your work is done.

Now when you configure, for this characteristic, the value will be automatically determined using teh function module. You have to create such characteristics as "Not ready for input" ones in additional data for which you cannot enter values manually.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to create a configuratio profile by CU41 for the material - Select the profile then create dependencies( in dependency you can call a ztable)

Rgds

Rheya