cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving a adobe form Output to presentation server from webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a webdynpro aplication, where on clicking a button I want one adobe form output to be downloaded

in pdf format to local server.

currently while clicking the button its calling the webdynpro application where pdf is integrated and its displayed

on the browser.

Instead of the display I want to download to presentation server on clicking of the same button ,

The layout type of the PDF component is ZCI Layout and interface is XML schema based interface.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement is done ..

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Surya...

I have a similar requirement of generating the PDF . Can you pls tell me your final solution .

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

With an XML based interface it is going to be much easier to display the form and then download it. The user could choose the save from the Adobe Plug-In toolbar or you can get the XSTRING content of the PDF from the PDFSource Property of the InteractiveForm UI element. With the XSTRING you can then, start a download with this content. However PDFSource doesn't get populated until the InteractiveForm is visible on the screen.

If you want complete background rendering of the PDF, you would have to call the form interface and pass the data into it with the XML format. Function Module based form interfaces are really much better suited to background calls because of their nice, flat and ABAP structure based interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Thomas ,

Thanks for replying .

in my case I require it without displaying the output (i.e in the background).

would you please elaborate how to call the interface form the webdynpro component.

My first webdynpro component contains the button. ( which will be clicked)

and 2nd webdynpro contains the PDF source , template and output .

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Even ZCI/XML based forms have a generated function module. Go to the Form Definition and choose test and you will see the function module and its inteface. The function module has two importing parameters - /1BCDWB/DOCPARAMS and /1BCDWB/DOCXML. It is this second parameter where you must pass all data for the forum in as an XML document. This is where things get a little more difficult than using DDic based form interfaces since you have the create the correct XML document. When using interactive forms within WDA, this set is done for you as the WD Context is transformed into this XML document by the framework for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas

I have considered the way around like creating Data dictionary type and its working perfectly.