Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective Polling in the Sender File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following requirement

1) File X is placed in the directory which is the source file for the sender adapter to poll

2) File X is appended regulary with data until it is polled. During this appending the sender adapter should not poll this file

3) Current process (without PI) they use a control file to stop this happening. i.e. they place a File Y in the directory to show the file is being updated and not to be touched. Once The file is appended File Y is removed and the file should be polled

So ultimately I have to configure the sender adapter to poll for File X (say every minute) except when there is File Y in the directory.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the "Msec to wait before modification check" feature in sender file adapter to achieve the requirement.

No need to place the "File Y"...i.e step 3 to perform.

Check the below link for more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/658ac3344a4de0e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the suggestion but "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check" parameter does not show up when I click on the advance tab. I have read in SDN this has happened to quite a few people but I have not found a way to rectify the problem so that the parameter is visible. Any ideas?

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but 3) is required (it is out of my hands as the owner of the system insists I do it this way).

Does anyone know how to restrict this polling if File Y is present?