cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared memory - accessing in .irpt page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a way to get the value of a shared memory of the project in Java script/html (directly without transaction)?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

erik_schrampf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No this is not possible since they were designed to be used only in transactions. What are you trying to do that you need to directly update a shared property?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not want to update the value but to retrieve it.

I have an SQL template and using iCommand applet. Based on the value I defined in shared property I would like to do some Java script logic before updating the SQL template.

If MII is not design with directly to get Shared property of a project , that I would get the value from transaction and return it to html/irpt page. I thought there exist another way of doing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only way for it to work in your situation would be your last statement. Putting the SQL query inside a transaction for processing and then using an Xacute query on the page should work. Shared memory is only exposed to transactions as indicated in the [help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii121/helpdata/en/49/17d210a22813a4e10000000a421138/content.htm].

Regards,

Kevin

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you consider using custom attributes?

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did but on the other hand, would I be able to access custom's attribute value in transaction?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When autobind is turned on, this is a setting of the xacute connecter, session attributes are automatically available to a trx, you just need a trx property with the same name. If autobind is off you would have to send them in using params.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jamie thanks...now i recalled about autobind in Xacute

However it does not really solve my issue.

I have various transactions. Some transactions with Xacute(for irpt) and some not. But all of the transactions need a persistent value from a parameter.

If I use custom attribute - I covered only the transactions with Xacute. Transactions without Xacute will be be able to get the value of custom attribute.