cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity Hook Error: Activity EJB does not implement hookable interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

In "Operation Maintenance" I added the activity hook "SU570 - WIP Change " to the POST_START activity. On starting a respective SFC I receive the following error message:

"Activity 'SU570' ist an EJB ('Change Configuration'') and it does not implement the hookable interface (Message 16014)"

Can anyone tell me whether this error is due to misconfiguration or actually an implementation error?

Thanks & Regards,

Jule

Edited by: Juliane Gambke on Jan 20, 2011 1:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juliane,

Usually hookable activity has "Class/Program" option set to "EJB" or "Java class", in Activity Maintenance. Please try both.

If no luck, then try to assign the hook at another hook point e.g. PRE_START or PRE_BATCH_START.

If not working in any case, then it's probably a bug.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy, Hi Mike!

Thanks for your answers, they were both very helpful.

Actually the proposed solution of setting the activity type to "Java class" solved the problem. And hinting that SU570-Hook is for internal use was helpful too as we were simply testing around a bit with activity hooks and unaware of hooks existing rather for internal use.

Thanks.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although the online help states that SU570 can be assigned to hook points, per code it is not a hookable activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SU570 is not suitable for use at a hook point. It is used internally by SAP ME.

The list of Hook Activities can be found in the online help:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me52/helpdata/EN/B6/9B6281956743B997888089BB168B86/frameset.htm]

In case this link does not take you directly to it, the topic is:

SAP Manufacturing execution->System Configuration -> Hook Point Activities -> Standard Hook Point Activities