cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting roles from GRC AC CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We had GRC 5.3 installed with SP05. We have archived all our existing requests and are trying to delete some of the roles from CUP. However when trying to delete the role it is giving a message "Cannot delete because this is referenced by request". Is there something else which i need to take care of? Will application of latest support packs help in this situation?

Appreciate your help regarding the same.

Thank you.

Anjan Pandey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anajan,

I feel some requests are still exist in GRC CUP for that particler role. Please follow the below steps and try to delete the Role again.

Go to CUP configuration tab > click on Request option under the workflow> choose deleting requests > next> then its asks to delete all requests and then choose Submit option.

once you click on submit button, you will get the message all existing requests are deleted with Job id.

finally go to the Roles and delete the required roles form the GRC CUP.

Regards,

Arjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Go to CUP configuration tab > click on Request option under the workflow> choose deleting requests > next> then its asks to delete all requests and then choose Submit option.

Thanks Arjuna. However I am not able to see "Deleting Requests" under "Workflow" or "Requests" in the configuration tab. Are you aware of the action which needs to be added to the roles in order for me to view "Deleting Requests".

Thanks.

Anjan Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow the following steps..

> Go to CUP configuration tab --> click on Request option --> choose deleting requests > next> then its asks to delete all requests and then choose Submit option

Regards,

Arjuna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> > Go to CUP configuration tab --> click on Request option --> choose deleting requests > next> then its asks to delete all requests and then choose Submit option

I am not able to see "Deleting Requests" niether under "Requests" nor under "Workflow". Is it because support pack level of the GRC installed is 05. Will application of latest support pack(14) help in this case.

Thank you.

Anjan Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

The deletion feature was added in SP11. However if this is a production system, it might not be that good an idea. You can however simply make the role unavalaible for selection to users by searching for the role in CUP and in the assignment validity set the role status to disable.

Regards,

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All. Your help did solve my issue.

Thanks.

Anjan Pandey

Answers (0)