Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Element Itemlistbox

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an itemlistbod in which I display employees reporting to one line manager. When I execute my web dynpro, the first person (line) is highlighted automatically. If I want to click on that person's name to display info, it does not want to work.

I first have to select someone else whose name is not in the first row and then if I click on the person's name in the first row, the detail display.

What can I do so that if I want to select the first person in the itemlistbox, that I do not have to click on someone else first?

We are on ECC6; Portal 7.

Regards

Debbie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie ,

Sahai is right. You must have some issue with lead selection property.

When you create a context node its comes as automatically selected. Frm our context node we get the values either by using lead selection (by default) or we can get it by accessing index.

If you initialised lead selection property got checked then that means the first entry of your table ( which you bind with the context node ) get selected and its got highlighted. Change this , so that it does not initialized. At when you click then only it select the value.

Reply in case of any issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Monishankar C

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the help so far. I have deselected the on Initialization Lead Selection (Singleton is also deselected). What must the Cardinality and Selection be? Currently it is 0..n and 0..1

Regards

Debbie

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Debbie van Zyl ,

no need to change the cardinality in your case since you are getting the data populated still rite and after unchecking the lead selection your first row wont get automatically selected.

thanks and regards,

sahai.s

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Debbie,

I assume that this listbox you mean is DropDownByIndex.

This behavior is as already mentioned caused by the context node property initialize lead selection property set to X. You can change this behvior by setting this property to false or you can use the programmatic way like .

ln_nd_yournode type ref to if_wd_context_node.

ln_nd_yournode = wdcontext->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_yournode ).

ln_nd_yournode->set_lead_selection_index( -1 ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In which method i will place this code

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not code. It must be set on the context node which is linked to the Itemlistbox.

Singleton and Initialization Lead Selection must not be ticked.

Regardsa

Debbie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can we provide any link or code how to use itemlistbox ui element in web dynpro abap

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Debbie van Zyl,

see whether the lead selection property has been checked if yes then just uncheck the checkbox there.....your problem will solve.

thanks and regards,

sahai.s

Edited by: sahai.s on Jan 20, 2011 1:14 PM