cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM-BW connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I would like to ask you about MDM-PI connection. There are two possibilities to send data from MDM to BW.

One is PI, other one Open Hub.

We would like to implemend Open Hub. Did you tried it, how it works, I am wondering if we can have MDM test server work both PI and Open Hub at that same time.

Please share if you have any experiance with Open Hub.

Thank you

BR

Rafal Paczynski

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafal,

The open hub method is now obsolete.

Best practise is to use API's or PI.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti

I didn't know about it thank you.

Right now we are using PI, baut that generate to involve many resources as in our company our tasks are splitted between different departments.

Can you tell me more about API, maybe some links with description ?

Thank you

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

If you compare PI and API's, it is much easier and faster to implement interfaces in PI. API's are standard/custom codes which require considerable development time and needs to be maintained and tested anytime you upgrade the support pack or Java version.In case of Custom API's, you need to make sure that any upgrade does not renders your code useless.

SAP recommends PI as the backbone for all interfaces, it has standard business contents which can be used out of the box which reduces the development time drastically.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for answer.

I find out presentation:

on page 23 it is information PI is not necessary any more.

Do you know more about it?

Thank you in advance

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

The link you have posted is for Master data Governance (MDG), it is not for MDM.

MDG is a different tool from MDM. MDG is SAP based whereas MDM is NW based.

In case of MDM, you are better off using PI as the middleware.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I have never heard of "Open Hub", can you please give more information on this so that we can help you better.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have some pages I print out form SAP but do not have the link.

Here is something I was also reading:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b01e4269-f744-2b10-929b-fa7b49aac...

Thank you for help.

BR

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafal,

Why dont you try with proxy. We have already worked for a project MDM-> PI --> BI and we had worked with proxy.This is working fine with us.

BR

SK