cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance optimization for high availability setup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a high availability environment setup for our IdM production system and currently only one dispatcher for provisioning, one for initial loads, one default dispatcher and one for batch jobs. Would it be an idea to add a number of dispatchers to improve performance? Would any of you have any experience with the scalability in production setups?

Best regards,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

sure you can set up more dispatchers, depending on you Hardware and performance requirement, especially for the provisioning. If a dispatcher is idle it doesn't eat up many resources but you have to make sure to add the provision tasks to the new dispatcher to make sure these tasks could run on more than one dispatcher.

cheers, Bernd

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An important thing to remember when setting up dispatchers is that you should have only one dispatcher active per host in a production environment.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that one dispatcher per target system or one per physical host on which IdM is run? I've earlier heard that the limitation would be the number of CPU-cores in the IdM runtime system and to a certain extent that makes sense. One dispatcher per target system is maybe not as relevant as one dispatcher per RFC-process available on the target system.

Best regards,

Anders

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anders,

This has been a best practice back to the days of MaXware Identity Center. As this topic comes up frequently, I confirmed it during some discussions I had at TechEd Las Vegas.

To my knowledge there is no requirement that a dispatcher be on every system with a data source / target or IDM component installation. In the past I havve reccomended low use servers to hold additional dispatchers.

It's never a bad idea though to have one in a *NIX environment if supporting Oracle on *NIX or doing any sort of *NIX based provisioning / de-provisioning.

Matt

Answers (0)