cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Material Confirmation (Availability Check)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There is a problem with the availability check. when i place order system does availability check and confirms the order. Now say for example i have 100qty of material - X and i created order for 50qty, system confirmed and then i went on creating orders for this , say i have created orders for it for 150qty, so system has confirmed 100 and 50 on future date.

Now when i try to do the delievry for the first order(50 qty), system gives me an error that "0" qty is available.

Can you please tell me what may be the reason for this.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in MD04 to find whether stock is actually available.

If you are getting the error when the stock is available it could be due to the stock being confirmed for some other order.

Also check the planned delivery time and Goods processing time in Material master, Check whether the sum of days is greater than the requested delivery date.

Else uncheck the RLT field in OVZ9, which will not confirm the material in future date.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

here the system is confirming the 100 quantities instead of 50. as per your logic.

that means system is taking latest sales order's requriment into consideration into picture.

because the 50 items for which you have created a sales order is not reserved against it and even for 100 items also.

that means there is no any stock reservation against the sale orders that means MTS process.

please try creating 3 sales order also for 100 and try delivering the second delivery for 100 you will come to know what exactly happening.

hope this clears your issue

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

If it is happening the way you ares aying then how can we restrict the same, i;e reserve the goods for the sales order created.

Thanks,

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can also check in T-code Co09 of the availability. Best and easy one to read for me has been MD04 Transaction code.

What system does in Sales Order is that it plans the requirement taking into consideration Material availability and if material doesn't exist but sees that in a few days in the future material will be available so system confirms it. Note that physically the material may not even be present. You find out if you really have physical stock in the delivery. For example in the sales order in the future the system sees that a Purchase Order will take place so system confirms it. Even though physically you have not even done a goods receipt for that PO. So any Sales Order which has been created before holds that reservation. So if you make a PO goods receipt in the future all those sales order has taken up this stock even. So the new sales order you created may not even have physical stock present or available as back order exists.

If you delete Deliveries that have not had PGI done to them this will take the requirement out of the list of Deliveries you can see this in MMBE if you scroll to the right. You can also do reason for rejection for other old orders to take out reservation in MD04.

Good Luck

Ali Lozada