Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 7.2 Trial Version

arenaseugene
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am installing SAP 7.2 Trial Version and encountered some security issues while installing.

I attempt to install again but I am stuck on the SAP System Administrator/SAP System Service User, the installation is requesting a password.

This was on installation #2. Define Parameters. I need help.

Kind regards,

EugeneA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like the step where SAP System Administrator User password is to be entered:

The password needs to be entered twice and both should be same. Please keep in mind the rules for password, minimum length as well as alphanumeric characters in the password.

Apart from this, there should not be any issues getting past this step. Please let us know the error in detail if it recurs.

Regards,

Srikishan

arenaseugene
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks,

The requested password is the password that it was entered on the first attempt. Also, there is a SAPInst services that are running and doesnt exit during the attempt to cancel the installation.

I tried to check the services and end the process, and tried to run SAPInst and I got an Installation progress, but still got some error message like

"An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Creating node $(DIR_INSTALL) with type DIRECTORY failed. Original exception text was: syslib.filesystem.nodeCreationFailed: Unable to create node D:\ with type DIRECTORY: can't create parent node...). "

BTW, I am using windows 7.

Kind regards,

EugeneA

arenaseugene
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The next message I got is:

Do you want to create a customer support message? You can now:

Choose OK to create the support SAPCAR archive SUPPORT.SAR

Choose Stop to stop the task and continue with it later

The SUPPORT archive contains the following files

> C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\change.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\FormalPasswordCheck.1.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\FormalPasswordCheck.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\msiexec.1.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\msiexec.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\sapinst.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\sapinst_dev.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\sapinst_loginquirer.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\SdbCmdOut.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\SECINSTTOOLS.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\syslib_priv.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\vcredist_x86.1.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\vcredist_x86.log C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\controllerKdbClient.dmp C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\stepKeydbClient.dmp C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\start_dir.cd C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\control.xml C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\keydb.xml C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\summary.html C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\instana.xsl C:\Users\ENA\AppData\Local\Temp\sapinst_exe.5836.1295676301\dev_selfex.out C:\Users\ENA\.sdtgui\.sdt_keystore_nw2007 C:\Users\ENA\.sdtgui\log\FileService.log C:\Users\ENA\.sdtgui\log\MIDService.log C:\Users\ENA\.sdtgui\log\NotesService.log C:\Users\ENA\.sdtgui\log\SAPinstService.log C:\Users\ENA\.sdtgui\log\SDTServer.log C:\Users\ENA\.sdtgui\log\server.err C:\Users\ENA\.sdtgui\log\server.out C:\Users\ENA\.sdtgui\log\server.trc.

Kind regards,

EugeneA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Windows 7 might be the problem here.

You mentioned Netweaver 7.02 being installed.

Please check PAM http://service.sap.com/pam if the OS is supported for the 7.02 version.

Tab Databases/Operating Systems shows the supported combinations.

Regards,

Srikishan

arenaseugene
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Maybe that answer the installation failure that I am trying to do under windows 7.

BTW: I can't login to this http://service.sap.com/pam url, is this for registered SAP user only or does member of SDN.SAP can login?

Kind regards,

EugeneA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

S-User would be required to access the SMP. SDN login will not work.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (0)