cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop XI channels externally if mapping failure happens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in which a Job/Program starts the sender XI Channel (JDBC) externally via HTTP URL and writes the content to a file using File Receiver Adapter. Now, the requirement is to stop the sender channel once the file is received at the receiver location. But one scenario where I am stuck is that what if there is some failure during mapping or any other step in XI and the file is not written to the destination location, how will the program come to know about the failure in XI and then stop the channel immediately. Sending alerts would mean some adiministrator has to receive the alert and then stop the channel and this won't be the option for making this an automated process.

So basically I was trying to find out if there is a way/user exit in which we can write custom code to stop the channel and/or do any further processing if there is a failure during mapping and or any other execution step in SAP XI. One option is to set a time out at the program level and after the timeout it can automatically stop the channel but would like to take this as the last option as the same program is used for multiple interfaces with varying payload sizes.

Best Regards,

Pratik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May you have to use BPM for this by catching any system error and taking the necessary action in exception handling