cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the best way to call a BLS Transaction Runner from a JSP page?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen about 100 examples of calling CGI's or Webservices from JSP, but for some reason they don't seem to work, basically what I'm trying to do is call a transaction directly from a JSP, it will call the transaction several times (depending on user input).

Basically I just want to recursivly call this URL in JSP.

/XMII/Runner?Transaction=CCMS/Upload?InputString=MyString&OutputParameter=OutputString&Content-Type=text/xml

The only method i've found actually executes the transaction is response.sendRedirect(<url>) however that doesn't really work for me because I need to recursivly call this.

The answer is probably simple and I'm just not getting it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you passing credentials? The redirect method probably works because it will have access to your context/session security etc., other methods probably do not have access to your current session.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah.. I didn't think about passing creditals. Since the JSP resides on the MII server, it didn't occur to me that for the server to post to the MII runner, the server itself won't have those session variables.

Let me look into passing creditials. Redirect isn't going to work for my application, perhaps I can pass the creditals on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It occured to me my other post might be relevant to your issue as well so I am linking to it here for future convenience.

[|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Credentials were the missing piece. It works now, thanks Christian!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not really, as I'm posting base64 encoded strings that could be very, very long (5 ~ 10 Mbytes) And I could have 10 or more of these.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would it help to have the recursive logic within the trx?

Thanks

Udayan