cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L account postings control in Accounting document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a scenario, where Business are using different materials for special charges. For these materials business decided to go with Credit and Debit memo process.

Globally Business is using same Billing type CR/DR.

anotherr information is they have the only one pricing procedure for Trading sales and Cr/DR also.

While posting the credit note if the customer is eligible for rebates, then Rebate values also posting to accounting. These values are also nullifying.

But Business requirement is whenever they process the special charges materials ( we have defined seperate materials ), Rebate values should not post to accounting means even it is nullifying also.

We can create a new pricing procedure for this process because its Global process and each country will have the different taxations.

So how to control the accounting postings while saving the invoice?

Could you please help on the same.. Is there any user exit to control the Accounting postings?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood your requirement clearly, you dont want to post any value to FI for certain materials towards rebates.

If this is the case, I have one question. In your pricing procedure, is your rebate condition type is customer based or material based ?? If it is material based, then dont create any rebate agreement in vbo1 for those material so that system will not consider when you generate billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathy,

Thanks for the reply.

Your understanding is correct.. But my rebate is based on the customer.

That is the reason rebate values are posting..

Could you help is there any user exit to control the postings.?

We have set of the materials for these process and material type is service materials.

so we can create Z table for this information and control the postings?

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give your constraints, I would look at finding a way to exclude (by requirement routine or exclusion) the rebate conditions in case where one of the special materials are used.

You will need to choose a field on the material master to identify materials used for the special charges. The material account assignment group is a strong possibility.

Some possibilities:

1. In the pricing procedure, add a requirement routine to skip the rebate accruals in the material is for special charges. OR

2. In the access sequence for the rebate conditions, use a similar requirement routine OR

3. Add a statistical condition to the pricing procedure that will be included when then material is for special charges - PLUS exclusion rules that drop the rebate conditions if this condition is present.

The simplest option is #1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the reply..

But its not possible to maintain the requirement because its Global one.

There may be no of pricing procedures based on the sales organization.

So, could you suggest any other solutions..

While processing these special charges we are using a special condition type YLUM ( Lumpsum ), so while using this condition type, automatically price condition type will be inactive.

So is there any to control through user exit..

could you suggest any other solutions which can help globally.

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mastan,

The user exit logic is just as 'global' as a requirement routine. The requirement routoine serves the same purpose - it's a place to put a rule in that says when you wish to exclude the condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joshuva,

Thanks for the reply.

But where do you want me to put a requirement routine?

Could you explain in detailed..

Regards,

SK

Edited by: Mastan Shaik on Jan 21, 2011 4:09 AM