cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I sort ascending or descendig way the storage types and bins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fellows;

My people in the Warehouse are asking me if is possible to get sorted the picking list when is printed....

I let you know an example to understand better the situation.....

This is a Transfer Order generated in Pharma

Material St Type St bin

MX00001 PH2 D-06-02

MX00002 PH2 C-40-02

MX00003 PH2 D-24-02

MX00004 PH2 C-19-01

MX00005 PH2 D-10-01

If you see the bins are not sorted, it means that the people will have to walk first to the bin D-06-02 and then go back to C-40-02 and the go to the D-24-02 and so on.....it is a little bit complicated the effort to pick the materials....

Obviously if I print the TO the sequence will be the same...

Do you know how to make possible to sort the TO by ascending or descendign sequence by storage type and bin....I guess this can help to reduce the effort during the picking.

If I express better the idea, so they should have to go first to the bin D-24-02, then to the D-10-01, then to the D-06-02....and finish with the bin C-19-01

I would appreciate so much your support....thx...!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fransisco,

I assume you work with one TO per Delivery (not Groups); in that case the Combined Pick list (LX21) and associated settings make no sense for you.

I think you can manage it with the TO splitting customizing.

In IMG: WM > Activities > Transfers > Processing Perf. Data/TO Split > Define Profiles.

First create a Sort Profile: Sort profile for TO splitting. (1st option under this IMG activity)

For your Warehousenumber create an entry with 1st criterium VLTYP and 2nd VLPLA and choose either decending or ascending order by checking the Sort direction flag

Next create a Profile for Transfer Order Splitting. (2nd option under the IMG activity mentioned).

For your Warehousenumber create an entry and assign the Sort Profile you created in the previous step.

You can leave the Split by Picking area flag unchecked.

Last you perform the IMG Activity: WM > Activities > Transfers > Processing Perf. Data/TO Split > Control for Performance Data Processing / Define TO Split.

Choose Performance data control.

For your Warehousenumber make an entry for the Movement type (standard this is 601 for picking), and source (can be ***) and destination (standard 916) Storage type in which you set the Profile TO Split with the Profile you created in the previous step.

Success and thanks for the credits!

Kind regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart;

I appreciate so much your explanation, it makes sence for me and of course I will start to customize the proper settings.....

Thanks for your time and hope I can help you as you did it...sometime...somewhere....

My best regards....!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fransisco,

It is also possible to use the "Sort field for storage bin (cross-line storage)" on the bin master (LS03n) to sort the TO items.

Supporting config is T: SPRO Logistics Execution-> Warehouse Management -> Strategies ->Define Sort Sequence for Stock Removal (Picking)

Bins can then be mass changed using in T: LS11

This would allow pickers to walk down an isle and pick alternate sides (e.g. left then right). I understand this is best practice in a pharma environment? as it breaks the pickers concentration and is proved statistically to provide more accurate picking runs with a slight sacrifice in productivity against a traditional U shaped picking tour. it would also give you a much better sortation than you have at the moment.

Do other Forum members have an opinion on this?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James;

I really appreciate so much your time and support....

Do you know, I tryed to execute LS11, but I got no changes on the field "Sort field for storage bin", I guess that to get this change is necessary to get the support customzing you told me.

Am I right....?

I want to let you know this tip is really helpful for me and for sure it increase my knowledge.....

Keep in touch...!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You create a profile and then a sort sequence and then apply it to movements

This is all in Logistics execution - Warehouse Management - Activities - Transfers - Processing performance Data ' TO split

Read the help there and creatas above

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend...

Of course it helps.....thanks a lot for your support and I appreciate your time and support.

My best regards...!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find some helpful info at below link.

http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_470/Helpdata/EN/c6/f83e334afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

I think you can set this up in OMLV by assigning a proper print code

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot my friend...

Definitely you are right, I wil make the proper settings and I am sure this will work....

Thanks a lot for your time and support...!!