cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen if the receiver is shutdown during "start data transfer"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are at the middle of step TDTIM "start data transfer" and hundreds tables transferred.

We need to shutdown Oracle DB at the RECEIVER to fix a big problem ( all TDMS jobs hung).

We have concern how to continue the TDTIM step "start data transfer" after the RECEIVER DB is up again.

Is it as easy as re-start the step "start data transfer" once the DB is up again?

We cannot cancel those jobs gracefully at control system because all jobs are hung (hour glass all time at cnv_mbt_tdms).

I remember that I had a CONTROL/CENTRAL system crash before during TDMDC and it caused a lot of troubles -- i.e. simply re-start step "start data transfer" did NOT work.

Please help share your opinions.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sadly i can only say this depends.

Based on your statement the 'normal' way to stop the datatransfer using the Menu Item 'Settings for Data Transfer' and then 'Stop Data Transfer' is not working anymore.

Then the only way is to stop the receiver system and cross fingers.

Can you tell me which TDMS/ SP is installed and if the note related to the rfc data transfer issues (also related to SP16) has been installed?

Joerg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Our TDMS sp level is 15.

What will be the worst scenario if the receiver Oracle DB is shutdown?

1) only a brand new package TDTIM is needed

OR

2) a DB restore on the receiver is needed and then a new TDTIM package on it?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

You may try the following in the below sequence -

1) after receiver is restarted, in transaction SM50 and SM37 look for any hung job both in Control and receiver system, if anything is there cancel and delete the same. Also update DB statistics both in control and receiver system. Then restart data transfer activity in the TDMS package.

2) If step 1 doesnt work then raise an OSS message so that SAP TDMS experts can guide you in an optimum way on whether to restart a new package or to solve the issue in current package.

Most probably you may not need to start a fresh package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj:

Thanks!

Could you please tell whether a DB restore is needed.

DB restore is something we try our best to avoid. New package is OK beacuse we are at the beginning of data transfer.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most probably a DB restore may not be needed.

Answers (0)