cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with JDBC Receiver channel and executing sync Stored Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working on an integration process, which is used to run 4 different stored procedures on a microsoft sql server 2005.

These procedures are used to truncate tables and repopulate those afterwards. The return value is the number of rows, which have been inserted into the table.

Sometimes the execution of the procedures doesn't work (tested with DBVisualizer - a database admin tool). The reason being heavy load on the sql server or certain database jobs, which have to run. My problem now is, every time this happens, the synchronous calls through JDBC receiver channel, don't work anymore, although they work when done with DBVisualizer or Microsoft SQL Server Studio. I'll always get the timeout for synchronous calls, which is set to 3 minutes on our PI (SAP PI 7.11 by the way). Only after a stop/start of the communication channel are new calls being processed.

Can anyone give me a hint, where my problem is - or is this "normal" behaviour of JDBC receiver channel?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

How much time it takes return back the response from your database. For ex: Approxmately 10 min.

Based upon that Is it possible to increase the synchronous time.

Thanks

Sateesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for the replies, which pointed me in the correct direction. I was able to solve the problem by increasing the maximum concurrency to 5 (it was set to 1 originally).

Best Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the JDBC receiver CC, Advanced-->Advanced Mode, use poolWaitingTime and taskTimeout parameters and specify

some time using seconds.

Babu