cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro ABAP - Sharing Data between two Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am supporting a WEB DYNPRO ABAP application that was developed using two windows, with each window containing 1 view. The second window is a "popup" type window. I need some data that is generated in the second window/view to be available when control is returned back to the first window/view. How can this be accomplished ? ( I am brand new to WD ABAP )

Thank you

Larry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

interface node...is the best way to pass values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

Let me try to provide some solutions here, rest you call :

Different ways:

1. Use export import through a FM to set and get data. (Worst solution)

2. Take the object of the node and pass it to the Component controller and save the object in Attribute and when ever needed use get that and use it. (Flexible)

3. Use context mapping (Maintenance issue if changes needed for the node multiple time)

4. Singleton class and get set method only if you need reference of the value and not recomended for reference of the whole node object.

-Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sharing data between different views/windows can be achieved using several ways:

Mostly used tech in WD applications is having mapping between nodes (core functionality of WD).

other ways to share data could be: shared memory (get data, set data), singleton class, global attributes in application etc.

I would prefer the context node mapping technique due to its simplicity and easy of use.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & regards,

Ravish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravish. I finally got back to this and your recommendation worked. i have awarded points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

one of the way to do is to have your context in the component controller and share the context among the views through context mapping.

other way might be passing data via event as parameter. You might be having buttons in the pop up view, you can send parameters to the event handlers on action of the button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Baskaran. I finally got back to this and your recommendation worked. I have awarded points

Larry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create node with data in context of component controller.

Then map node of comp controller to context of window 1 and window 2.

(press button Controller Usage in context win 1 -> drag and drop node )