cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP Selection control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a business requirement to control the selections in the shuffler.

The shuffler has the the following levels per default: select or procuct

active version

PSI Unit (org unit, characteristic)

product

main group (product hierachy)

Users are not allowed to change PSI Unit which is an organisational level like Sales Area for a certain product.

Selections for users are created by super users who have got the authorization to create and change all levels for selection.

The normal user is allowed to work only with selection created by the super user and may change only the products of the selection in the hitlist.

Some products are assigned to several PSI Units (org levels). If the user loads a product like this and open the selection window (shuffler) he can see all vaild PSI Units in the hitlist.

My questions is how can this be controlled? How can I limit or control which values are available for selection. If the super user creates a new selection for a certain product and opens the shuffler and searches for a PSI Unit to a certain product he gets severals entries in the hitlist per default but it is not possible to reduce it to 1 entry (PCIS unit) only. How can is this controlled?

Is it an authorization issue ? If yes, for which object?

Or is it controlled by the Badi SDP Selector ?

Others? How does it work in detail?

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can use the authorization object C_APO_SEL3 since it has planning area and book in it

Regarding the BAdI /SAPAPO/SDP_SELECTOR, I will suggest you trying methods: F4, INIT_OBJECT_LIST, DP_CHAR_VALUE_LIST and SELECTION_CHECK.

I hope this will provide information which you are looking for.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

many thanks for your feed back! It is still not clear for me how to control the shuffler selectb options. Is it the authorization or the Badi which should be used here?

Best regards

Dirk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you have 2 requirements, in first you want only super user to create selections and respective other peoples will just use them. They are now allowed to change the selection or save it. In this case you can use authorization object mentioned above.

As per your second requirement, if you want pre filled selections you can use the given BADI for it.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your comments but I am it sorry seems that I have not explained it enough. The requirement is to control the selcetion a normal user can work with. I think there are 2 possible solutions to do it:

1.) to allow the super user to limit the values in the hitlist/ value list of the shuffler when he clicks right hand side and a value list is popping up to add or skip values. Actually the super user can not delete the values for a characteristic but if he can he can skip values and limit the selection to 1 specific value . How is the aces to a certain hitlist controlled?

2.) to grey out the PSI Unit ( its a characteristic level like sales area) in the shuffler right hand side and to block the access to the characteristic for the user so that he does not have any chance to display/open and change it. He should only select for products in selections defined by super user, no changes to other chaacteristics are allowed.

Dirk