cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Cener/Atype change in internal actiivty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Tried to find out similar kind of question through this forum some how could not find out relevant to my requirement and hence posting.

I have an internal activity which assigned with WC1/AT1 (example, WC1 - Work center 1; AT1 - Activity type 1). Here we have already actual costs sitting on this activity throught CATS.

Due to change in business structure, few more WCs are added and few of the existing ones are deleted with activity types.

Then I have changed WC on activity from WC1 to WC2 and also Atype. Actual hours are again posted through CATS and no problem.

The issue is when we look at on confirmation screen, still I can see the old WC and AType. Then we have manually changed the WC and Atype on confirmation screen. Please note that new WC and Atypes are changed for those activities which does not have an actual costs. The only problem is not changing the WC on those activities whic have actual costs.

Any of my of you are aware of which user exit or OSS notes fecilitates auto change of WC and Atype on all the corresponding screens instead of manual intervention.

Looking forward hear from and thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

PSR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Waited for response and nope. I am sorry if my question is not undestandable or some thing else!!!!.

Planned to close this thread.

Regards,

PSR

Edited by: PSR on Jan 25, 2011 3:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to upload some screenshots to some portal & paste the link here, showing what is happening at present & what you expect for a clear understanding?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I will simply again my posting since it would be easy rather than posting to link etc.

1. I have an NWA with WC1 and AT1 - initially have planned hours & planned ocst.

2. Released the network activity

3. Posted hours through CATS.

4. Later some time, WC2 (new work center) replaced with WC1 (old) and AT2 (new) with AT1 (old).

5. In reports we can see new WC2 & AT2 updated automatically.

6. Hours posted through CATS.

7. In confirmation screen, I can see still old WC i,e., WC1 and AT1 on confirmation screen.

8. Then I accessed the network activity through CN25 and manually changed the WC and AT.

9. After that labour hours posted through CATS and new WC and AT were seen on confirmation screen.

my question, Is there any proces which update WC details automatically on confirmation screen. wheneve changes made in project builder.

Is that actual hours posted on old WC impacting here?

Note that there are other activities which does not have autual hours for them new WC are updated automatically.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CAT2, when you're writing hours after changing the work center, are you entering the data in the same line as the previous one? If yes, then make an entry in 2nd line with the n/w & activity + other details. Then during approval, change layout & you will see the new work center showing up. Upon approval & transfer to PS, you should see the new WC.

Check at your end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Your suggestion makes sense and let me check.

Regards,

PSR

Edited by: PSR on Jan 27, 2011 4:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your time and efforts. Its working fine. Closing the thread.

Have a Good Day!.

Regards,

PSR

Answers (0)