Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material deletion in MM/SRM and impact on SRM documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

SRM 5.0 Extended Classic scenario.

We need to delete unused materials in both MM and SRM.Now I had few questions:

1. Std procedure to delete materials in MM??

2. Std procedure to replicate changes to corresponding material in SRM??Do the changes need to be replicated using the material load or any sync job or run any std report???Where can I see the changes in SRM??

3.What is the effect on open SC's in SRM which has the materials to be deleted??

4.What is the effect on open PO's in SRM which have the materials to be deleted????

PLease advise.Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) For Deletion of Material Follow these steps-

i) Use Trans- MM06 Flag material for deletion

ii) Run report MMREO001 - Selection of materials flagged for deletion and select the material

iii) Run report MMREO050 Archive Materials to archive the material

iv) Run report MMREO110 Deletion Program for Archiving Materials to delete the material from the database.

2) For Updating replicated changes for material Use -

Use Filter R3AC1 to filter the material by Product type and then use Trans-R3AS in SRM.

3) and 4) The effect is on SC and PO is that you are not be able to create any Follow-on-Documents.

With Regards

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal!

However is the deletion of materials not covered under DELTA repplication???Do I still need to run the Initial load thru R3AS after the materials are deleted in ECC??Please confirm.

Also for open PO's ,does system autoamtically check during the Initial load if there are any open PO's and then only sets the material as "DELETED"??What is the status for the material in SRM set as?DELETED??ARCHIVED??LOCKED??Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone pls answer my queries....

Former Member
0 Kudos

When materials are flagged for deletion in ECC,then do the open SC's and PO's in SRM be closed before the changes can be replicated to SRM using initial load?Will the std initial load chec for open documents in SRM and then only change the status for the product/material in SRM??

Please clarify.