cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate milestone percentage for final milestone (billing rule 3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client is using percentage based milestone billing. For final milestone, billing rule is set to "3 Closing invoice in milestone billing" and milestone percentage, field FPROZ, is empty without any value.

My aim is to calculate final milestone percentage, so it would be printed on invoice layout.

I have suggested below logic to developer:

"If RV60F-SFPRO field is not equal to 0,00 (zero), pass billing plan VBRP-FPLNR and item numbers VBRP-FPLTR into FPLT table to get FPLT-FPROZ"

But developer can't find RV60F-SFPRO value anyway...

Therefore, I have a problem - how to calculate final milestone percentage in this case?

Could anyone provide any other logic how to calculate it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My colleague has commented that this is a standard SAP feature.

Final invoice is never with a percentage, because it always picks up the rest of the amounts to be billed, this, independently of the percentages or values already invoiced.

If you want to have the exact percentage, you have to put it in the program of the layout. The standard functionality does not include the calculation because of rounding issues.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you can take the % also from sales doc itself. This should be from the field FPLT-FPROZ and the billing plan number is the key between FPLT and the VBAP field.

If not clear, pls lemme know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, as I stated that field is blank now !!!

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the field is blank, then obviously there will be no value in the table. In this case, only your final invoice will be automatically created for 100%. But as a process, you should update the field with some value, either manually in sales order, or update teh % in milestone so that it can come automatically in the SO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Percentage can't be added into final milestone in SO billing plan, field FPROZ is not editable....

Moreover, this milestone just have billing value in SO billing plan.

I am going to use this logic that hopefully would fix the issue:

If invoice billing type VBRP-FKART value is XXX and billing plan rule FAREG value is 1, or 3, or 4, or 5, then milestone percentage should be calculated by following formula: milestone billing value x 100 and then divided by order net value from VBAP-NETWR.

If invoice billing type XXX, but billing plan rule is different then, no milestone percentage is not printed. This logic is valid for header and item level billing.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Max,

Please dont try to do anything by coding. You have some problem in teh configuration of the MS billing .Please check that. It should work fine.

If the % billing is not editable, it either means that your MS is not relevant for billing or some coding is written to disable the field. Please check your MS billing related configuration.

If you ahve any specific ifnormation, pls lemme know, but do some background check before that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please give more details - how can I check that ?