cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enerprise Services - PI content

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working with implementing SAP Enterprise Services and have uploaded the ES PI content to the ESB - looking into the uploaded content I find only Models and objects belonging to that. There seem to be no design objects. Do I need to look for further content or is what is expected ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Georg,

is it possible that you downloaded the "Model" packages like SAP GLOBAL MODEL, rather than SAP GLOBAL 2.0?

If you have a look in the Software Download Centre on the Support Marketplace, under "Browse Our Download Catalog" > SAP Content > "ESR Content" and "Global Data Types", you should find everything.

Good luck,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Georg,

I personally feel that more work can be done in helping first-time Enterprise Services users identify the correct content to download from Service Marketplace for a specific enterprise service.

When starting out this is more of a trial & error process to get the right content. I would suggest looking for further content but use the ES Workplace as your guide. It all depends on what release of ECC you're on & the content that's available for that release. It could just be that for the release you're on there are only models & their dependant objects released for those Enterprise Services. Start with ES Workplace, use one of the services that you're looking to implement & drill down to the service interface level. That's when you start seeing more relevant info (software components, namespaces, First shipped with SWCV's etc.) which you can't use to identify the relevant content in service market place.

Regards, Trevor

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

We will move this thread to the SOA forum. I think you will have a better chance of a response to this query on that forum.

Regards

XI/PI Moderator