cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error F5742 - While Releasing Billing for accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting an error F5742- Break down of hold back/retainage pay is allowed for only subledger accounts while releasing a billing document for accounting.

We are using installment payment terms for the billing.

we are not sure why system is trying to split the billing amount other than reconciliation accounts. One observation is that, we have duplicate line items in the billing.Not sure if this is causing the issue?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Mano.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following notes:-

=> Note 614860 - Message F5743 even though SAP Note 379031 is implemented

=> Note 970169 - Create invoice with holdback/retainage payment

=> Note 109704 - Holdback/retainage payt:payment block does not work

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mano,

during release to accounting the system checks if the used payment terms have entries in the table T052S (transaction OBB9). This will cause split of amount.

If entries exist then it checks if the account is 'D' or 'K', if itisn't then error F5742 occurs.

To release the invoice to accounting you will have to modify the payment terms accordingly.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we have installment payment terms defined in OBB9 and becuase of that system is trying to split the invoice amount. we have generated billing documents with valid payer which has a valid reconciliation account and i dont understand what other accounts into which the system us trying to split the invoice amount.

Can you give me more informatio?

Mano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have identified the reason for the error,

These billing documents are created with a billing type FCR - NF Consignment fill up and in this case the invoice not getting charged to a customer account instead it is charged to GL account.

Since an installment payment terms YL33 has been used on these orders, system is trying to allocate the installment payment to the GL account and it is giving an error since it is not a sub ledger account.

we are changing peyment term on the sales order to a non-installement one.

Thanks,

Mano.