cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of a VC Model or VC Dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created a Model in VC and deployed it to Portal as an IVIEW in Development Portal and VC.

Now I want to transport the model to Test system (Portal and VC)

The base query on which the VC model is developed is already been transported to Test system.

Now with regards to VC Model Transports

Will it be OK If I transport the deployed model iview in Portal alone or

Do I need to transport the VC model as well if so how can I raise a TP request for a VC model

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When deploying a VC model, a portal iview is created, which no longer requires the original VC model to exist and function.

Since I guess you only want to test VC runtime (the iview and not the model), there is no reason to transport the VC model, only the iview in portal. If all the services from the model are defined correctly, the iview should work without a problem.

Best regards,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update

If i want to transport a VC Model how can i do that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can export the model from the storyboard of your dev system to your local machine and reimport the .mdl

file to the test system . Another way is to use the deploy with model option while deploying the model such

that the model also gets deployed along with your iview . Then transport all the contents as a normal epa archive .

Hope this helps .

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transporting VC model is not neccesary in real time even though if you want then just export your model from VC design board and import to the server/portal wher u want.

usually the transport of the VC appls is done through deploy with archive option or Tranport package creation .

Regards,

Govindu

Answers (0)