Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP-LDAP integration: user mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are trying to integrate ABAP system with LDAP Server. We are stucked at the execution of report RSLDAPSYNC_USER which does a synchronization of the data. Error says:

"Cannot find entry BC_LDAP_LDAPSAPADM in secure store

Cannot create connection to server LDAP_XQ1".

The connector is fine.

Here are my doubts:

The user LDAPSAPADM that I am using has only read and search permissions at the LDAP directory. Is this enough? And we are not trying to write anything to the LDAP Directory in any case.

I have selected "import proposal" while mapping as I am not sure how mapping should go. Is that allowed?

Help!

thanks and regards,

Rosun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP stores user used for LDAP connection in secstore. It looks like it can't find any record so it can't connect. Check transaction SECSTORE and application LDAP System user. Have you set up user in for connection in transaction LDAP?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP stores user used for LDAP connection in secstore. It looks like it can't find any record so it can't connect. Check transaction SECSTORE and application LDAP System user. Have you set up user in for connection in transaction LDAP?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

SECSTORE, LDAP System User gives me an error: "The entry required by application "LDAP System User" is missing from the secure storage".

I changed/set the same in LDAP, system users. The same is showing fine in SECSTORE now.

I am getting a new error when I run report RSLDAPSYNC_USER now. "The combination of user name (DN) and password transferred to the directory was not accepted by the directory."

The have cross checked the user, password and the DN used. Not able to figure out yet.

Thanks and regards,

Rosun

0 Kudos

Hard to say but I would try to check logs of LDAP server. You may get more info there. Or increase logging level of LDAP server and try to get some useful info.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Martin,

I had given the wrong DN (Distinguished Name) in the 'servers' in LDAP transaction. I am able to run the report now. The log/results say:

Number of Objects in Directory 0

I don't think this is the case. I must have missed out something during the mapping.

I am trying to contact someone from the ADS side and check it.

Thanks and regards,

Rosun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to type the password of  the user in ldap>>systemusers>>credentials (under secure storage).

And retry .

Best regards.