cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts.

In my current project I PI need to send the data through HTTPS protocol in receiver adapter and I need response back to PI (means synchronous interface). They don't allow the Webservice (SOAP).

My question is How PI can send the data through HTTPS protocol using receiver adapter? And what kind of adapter I have to use in this case (receiver system will not allow webservice)

Thanks

srini..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>> My question is How PI can send the data through HTTPS protocol using receiver adapter? And what kind of adapter I have to use in this case (receiver system will not allow webservice)

HTTP Adapter. Your target system will provide root certificate of their system. You have to import that certifcate in keystore.

HTTP (s) means either a or b

a)Default just HTTPS over SSL (no certificate required)

b)HTTPS over SSL plus certificate authentication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick response.

Please explain about options.

If i use option A what parameters i have to choose in HTTP receiver adapter. (HTTP with SSL (= HTTPS), but without client authentication)

If i use option B what parameters i have to choose in HTTP receiver adapter(HTTP with SSL (= HTTPS) and with client authentication)

as per your above response i have to install certificates. Here i have a question.

IF i use HTTP receiver adapter which parameter i have to select in this adapter.

Just now i checked recover HTTP adapter i can't see any information regarding certificate authentication

thanks

srini..

Edited by: srinivasreddy p on Jan 19, 2011 3:43 PM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> IF i use HTTP receiver adapter which parameter i have to select in this adapter.

Use http adapter. HTTP target specify as https://<some-target>;

option A - no certificate import required from the third party. option B -required.

>>> Just now i checked recover HTTP adapter i can't see any information regarding certificate authentication

The below link give idea about SSL.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/14/ef2940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mainly you can use HTTP, SOAP or FTP receiver adapters with SSL. The only thing that you have to configure is the CAs certificates of the remote server.

Regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Iván

Receiver system will not allow Webservice. If i use File adapter i cannot directly post the message in receiver system. here PI need to post the message directly into receiver system and sender system is expectig the responce back.(synchronous).

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then, you can use HTTP adapter. Don't forget to install the CA certificate of remote server in TrustedCA store in SAP Netweaver Administrator under Certificate and Key option.

Regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Iván

Thank you for your quick responce.

as per your above responce i ahve to install certificates. here i have a question.

what adapter i ahve to use here?

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to open an SSL connection you must to install the root certificate of server certificate in order to trust to remote system, This issue is made for opening the handshake connection between both servers. It's a mandatory if the root certificate of remote server are not included in the default trsuted CAs installed in SAP PI or SAP J2EE.

You must to use HTTP adapter as I said in prior post.

Best regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I want to post the data directly into 3rd party system. Here what i have to choose in adapter addressing type HTTP destination or url address?

HTTP Receiver will work for Synchronous interface?

srikanth_srinivasan3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The synchronous feature could be enabled by adding QOS=BE in the URL.

Choosing the security level is based on the sender's provision of supporting basic level authentication.

The certificates should be imported into STRUST of ABAP stack, as HTTP resides in ABAP.

Alternatively, you can still make use of SOAP adapter by enabling 'No SOAP envelope'.

-

Srikanth Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srikanth,

thank you for your relpay.

as per your replay you told The synchronous feature could be enabled by adding QOS=BE in the URL.

can you explain in detial please. what parameter i have to choose in communication channle.

in Receiver HTTP adpater have QOS = EOIO only.

Thanks

srini