cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight amount needs to captured after invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In our company, while we are sending the materials to the customer, our transporters will issue a bill as Freight charge.

They are issuing this bill once the delivered the materials to the required destination.

So it is not possible for us to include this freight charge as a condition type.

But we have to keep a track on these amount.

How to do that. Any suggestions.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Raja

You can do the commercial Invoice processing after you get the freight details from the transporter.

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumanth,

Could you tell me how to prepare commercial invoice.

Kindly explain the procedure to do that.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja

Billing Document Type, first needs to be configured for that properly.

The referencing document from which you want to create the billing doct ( commercial Invoice), that needs to be clear.

So, maintain the copy control settings accordingly. ( usually from outbound delivery, if it is delivery related billing, else SO if it is order related billing)

Configure all the other things, like partners,pricing , etc etc

Rgds

Sumanth.Gururaj

Consultant/Systems Analyst - SAP SD/MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumanth,

I am not able to understand your point.

After creating the billing we have to include Freight value in the document.

As per the suggestion, I need to prepare Shipment where I can maintain Freight value with the help Shipment cost configuration.

I am already preparing a Delivery related billing which is already a commercial invoice.

How is it possible to create one more commercial invoice with reference to the same Delivery.

Could you please explain in details about your suggestion.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you downloaded the building block what I suggested ?? The best and standard approach to your requirement is to generate shipment cost. Please try configuring this and in that if you face any issue, update the forum.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should certainly consider the shipment functionality. However, maintaining the freight rates in transportation can be a lot of work. This can work if you have a limited set of from/to points and generally move set quantities of goods. This is fine for chemicals, hydrocarbons and other bulk goods. For many other businesses, you might find it way too much work.

You could wait until the actual freight bill arrives - but this would hold up your billing to your customer. This is usually a no starter due to cash flows issues.

In practice, it's usual to add an estimated amount for freight.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested, you need to configure transportation by which, you can create shipment document via VT01N and in reference to this, you can generate liability on transport vendor via VI01 Shipment Cost.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the shipment function - i.e. creation of shipment document and shipment cost document. You can create shipment w.r.t. delivery even after you have raised invoice to customer. In this way you can keep track as well as create transporter liability and do Vendor Invoice verification w.r.t. the service PO created.

Pls. let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear S Chak / Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

If possible, could you send me configuration document for Shipment Cost.

Regards,

Mullairaja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In google, just type G82 Building Block and execute. You will find the standard documentation on shipment cost.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raja,

let me keep in this way:

finally you need to transfer the frieght cost to the customer.

raja, am i right.

please confirm

balajia