Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finance Data

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Which repository is used to store the Finance data!!

For ex: for customers, vendors, materials we have predefined repositories.

The same way do we have a repository to hold the Financial data as well!!!

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

for these data we always developed our own repositories, e.g. for banks, exchange rates, G/L accounts, cost centers. I'm afraid you will not be able to avoid it as there is no standard content from SAP. Their recommended approach is to use MDGF.

Best regards

Christian

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian.

If MDGF is the Sap suggested one, is it some thing Out of SAP MDM tool, i mean a separate application which has a different set of Gui's and requires a fresh installation!!!!

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See also the discussion in this [thread|;.

Regards, Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

MDG is a new tool for Master Data Governance. It is based on ABAP stack, so a completely different solution than MDM. I think it is rather for central governance of master data in one system, but can also be used to harmonize master data from different systems. There are discussions here on the forum. You can also find more information on MDG in the SDN.

If you already have an MDM landscape, I would recommend to check whether a newly built repository can cover all your requirements. Some finance objects are rather difficult to transfer into ECC. For instance, in order to send G/L accounts to ECC, you may need some slight adaptations in ECC loading processes, as G/L accounts have different validity dates. There's a lot more detail to it, but it is feasible.

I hope that helps.

Best regards

Christian

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian.

"

Some finance objects are rather difficult to transfer into ECC. For instance, in order to send G/L accounts to ECC, you may need some slight adaptations in ECC loading processes, as G/L accounts have different validity dates. There's a lot more detail to it, but it is feasible.

"

Is this one of the issue that you faced while designing manually the data model for finance data in SAP MDM ??

Kind Regards

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

that was only an example. I think it depends which objects you want to manage in MDM and in which scenario. I actually just finished a finance mdm project for central creation of finance objects. It is successfully live now. It is not standard and therefore requires better planning upfront, but after careful consideration, we did not face any major problems during implementation and could stick to our rather tight time lines.

If you need more help, feel free to let me know, also via e-mail.

Best regards

Christian

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian for the reply.

It would be helpfull to everyone if you write your experiences in your working @ Finance Mdm stuff in the form of Blog or article.

LIke challenges, best approaches and business requirements.

Kind Regards

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I am working on a Propsal to handle Finance Master Data Governance Program . Can you please share your experience on this .

Thanks in advance.

Prabuddha

Answers (0)