Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with domain controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a four system landscape

W----X-Y-----Z

W is the dev system which is the domain controllerWe had deleted the system but not the TMS configuration.After the deletion of the system now when we recreate the system we cannot see the systems in system overview.Can anyone help us without actually touching the production which is Z can we bring the system back into the system overview.Thanks.

Regards,

Ambarish.A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you configure a backup domian controller before deleting the domain controller?

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think i havent configured the backup domain controller.Now is there a way without touching prod system to get into the domain.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to any of your systems, logon to client 000 go to stms -> system overview. What do you see... Do you still see your other systems? If so, you should go to extras -> Distribute and activate configuration.. I think your stms configuration should be recovered now.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mark,

Yes we need to recreate the stms again.Mark whenever this kind of scenarios occur do we have to activarte the backup domain contrller and then delete the domain controller.Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you should create a backup domain controller, which takes over the function of domain controller when it is gone/down..

It's best to make the system with the highest availability (probably production) the domain controller.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MArk.Point taken.

Answers (0)