cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove WM assignment from plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we have 2 different warehouse defined; say for plant A and storage locations X and Y. Storage location X is assigned with warehouse 001, and recently Y is assigned with 002. The client has made some transactions in warehouse 0002.

Now, they want to unassign 002 from location Y. After removing, they want to re-assign warehouse 001 also to Y, that is they want both storage locations to be assigned to one WM number.

I am not sure how to proceed, please let me know what all factors to be considered

1. For unassigning WM 002 from storage location Y

2. Then assigning WM 001 to storage location X.

Thanking you in advance.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Before going deletion of warehouse number make sure that anything assigned and managed with the said warehouse number is cleaned and clear such as stock transport orders, open sales order , transfer orders, transfer requirements, deliveries.

Br,

Tushar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope the below will resolve your queries.Please let me know in case of any more queries

a)Make sure there is no open TR,Posting Changes,Open TO's etc. in 002 warehouse.Then move all the stocks to 999(any bin).Then check the warehouse stocks in LX03 at warehouse level and make sure your avaliavle and total stock is same.

Also Make sure you don't have no stock in interim stoarge type apart from 999.

b)The easier way would be move all the stocks in all stoarge types that you have in 002 warehouse to 999(any bin).Then do LI21(clear differences in Inventory Managment) so that all the stocks needs to be cleared.

c)Then you can change the Plant/SL assignment to 001 for Sl -Y

d)Also you need to update your material master with new warehouse number

Thanks

Satya

Currently we have 2 different warehouse defined; say for plant A and storage locations X and Y. Storage location X is assigned with warehouse 001, and recently Y is assigned with 002. The client has made some transactions in warehouse 0002.

Now, they want to unassign 002 from location Y. After removing, they want to re-assign warehouse 001 also to Y, that is they want both storage locations to be assigned to one WM number.

I am not sure how to proceed, please let me know what all factors to be considered

1. For unassigning WM 002 from storage location Y

2. Then assigning WM 001 to storage location X.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to following activities

1. Trasnsfer the stock in the wh 002/sloc Y to any other sloc(XXXX).

2. Make sure that there is not any open T.O for wh 002.

3. Change the assignment in plant/sloc - WH, by replacing the wh no:002 with WH no:001

4. Now both sloc are assigned one warehouse only.

Hope this helps you..

Rgds,

Kris.